Saturday, November 22




Father along than I imagined

It is hard to realize that it was a few weeks ago, give or take a few centuries, that the USA finally made strides towards living up to it's declared promise of equality. I knew the day would come when the content of one's heart would matter more than outward apperance I just didn't know it would be this year, this decade or even the next decade We are about twenty years farther down the road than I think any of us except President elect Obama realized. As a southern male who remembers and supported the civil rights movement of the 60's, I'm proud to see change arrive. Make no mistake, there is much work to be done but at least we now know that the costly down payment of blood, tears and sacrifice was meaningful. This years election while unable to erase past wrongs certainly gives back hope. Tomorrow is a lot closer than it was in October.

No comments: